Saturday, October 29, 2016

Spicy Mango Chili

Its cold out and its been too long since I've made chili. I normally don't get too adventurous with my chili. I'll stick with 1/2 ground beef or turkey, 1/4 sweet sausage and 1/4 spicy sausage, onions, peppers, and spices with a hearty tomato base.

But I've been craving something a little different. I wanted to try and incorporate some fresh mango into my chili. The inspiration is a mango habanero salsa that a friend made recently that completely knocked my socks off. I can't find too many recipes for a mango chili and those I do find simply have the raw mango as a garnish. My thought was to include it in the cooking to blend the flavor. Is there a reason most recipes don't do this? Will the mango simply become too diluted and overpowered by the chili? I'm interested to hear from anyone who has tried this or something similar.



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment