Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Grilled Market Salad: Chick-fil-A vs Pinterest Copycat

http://ift.tt/1RoOEwt

A Pinterest Review:

I found a recipe for homemade Chick-fil-A’s Grilled Market Salad, but how does it compare to the real thing?

I am in love with Chick-fil-A’s Grilled Market Salad – – the fresh fruit, thin sliced chicken, with blue cheese and the perfect apple vinaigrette, it’s SO good! I found a recipe on Pinterest for a homemade version. It’s gluten free friendly, so I decided to give it a go!

The recipe I used included a chicken marinade, but I only used the recipe for the dressing. I made the chicken, and bought berries, blue cheese and greens. I used a dressing I had in my fridge to marinade my chicken (for about 24 hrs), then I cut it up really small.

I brought home a Chick-fil-A salad so I could compare it to my own. Here’s how I made the dressing:

Copycat Zesty Apple Cider Vinaigrette

  • 5 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed Lime Juice
  • 2 tablespoons Honey (sweetener)
  • 1//2 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked Black Pepper
  • ⅛ teaspoon Onion Powder
  • ⅛ teaspoon Garlic Powder
  1. Put all ingredients into a jar and shake *Because of the oil, shake before using
  2. To store: seal in air-tight container and store in the fridge. Bring to room temperature before serving.

Salad Ingredients:

– Greens

– Apples & Strawberries, cut up

– Blueberries

– Blue Cheese, crumbled

– Chicken

– Mixed nuts

– Granola -not necessary but it’s on Chick-fil-A’s

– Dressing

I put this together and it was delicious!! My dressing was a bit more tangy, but I didn’t mind. You could add more honey (to taste) to sweeten it up. With the colored berries and vibrant greens it not only tastes good, but looks good too. A great salad for company!



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment