Saturday, May 21, 2016

[REQUEST] Does anybody know a recipe for bread that I can make ahead but bake in small loaves, like sandwich rolls?

The Problem: My SO and I really like fresh bread, specifically, crunchy-on-the-outside, soft-on-the-inside, bread. I've been making some "no-knead" bread for us lately, and it's been great, but! It's only crunchy-out/soft-in that first day. I end up freezing what's left, and more than likely I'll just make a whole new batch to get the crunchy-out/soft-in, rather than heat up what's already frozen, because I know that's only going to be "crispy" rather than "crunchy", if that makes any sense.

Anyway, does anyone know of a recipe for a simple bread, one that doesn't take a lot of kneading, punching down, etc.? Something someone without a lot of time, or a bread machine, could manage? What I'd like to be able to do is make a big batch of dough all at once, but only bake as needed, like maybe two sandwich rolls at a time. I know, it's called "Pillsbury" and comes in a canister, but the whole reason I've been making my own bread is so it can be "clean" (healthier) than that stuff.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment