Friday, May 20, 2016

The Best Healthy Mocha Frappuccino

Original Post: http://ift.tt/1NCbdTw

I’m a sucker for a nice, cold Starbucks. It’s my kryptonite. Really. There’s only one problem: it’s a complete and utter obliteration of any sort of healthy diet I have going on. These little guys have sugar galore. How is a girl supposed to get her chocolatey, caffeine-infused fix? No worries. I have the solution for you.

Introducing … the best-ever healthy frappuccino!

You get none of the sugar, but all of the yummy, chocolatey goodness. Yes please! I hate to even say this, but there is such a tiny, tiny amount of sugar in this thing that it might be forgivable to top it off with a dollop of whipped cream … Shh, you didn’t hear it from me.

The Best Healthy Frappe Ever

Servings: 1Time: 10 minsPrint

Ingredients:

2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder

2 scoops chocolate protein powder*

whole milk

2 cups ice cubes

1 cup cooled coffee

splash of vanilla

Directions:

  1. Add all ingredients except the whole milk into a blender and blend for about 30 seconds

  2. Add in a splash of milk and blend again.

  3. Repeat until the consistency is to your liking.

  4. Pour into a glass and enjoy!

*The protein powder I like to use is Orgain Organic Protein Plant Based Powder in Creamy Chocolate Fudge. It is not only low in sugar (only 1 g), but it is DELICIOUS and has a whopping 21 g of protein! It is sweetened with stevia, which is the best of the non-sugar sweeteners out there. (Read more about non-sugar sweeteners here.)

I don’t use specific measurements when I make my smoothies; I more just dump a little of this and a little of that in there until it’s perfect. Don’t be afraid to tweak the recipe! Like it a little chunky? Add more ice! Need more chocolate (who doesn’t)? Dump in some more of that cocoa powder (just make sure the only ingredient is coca; no added sugars or anything nasty)! The best part of recipes like this is there is no end to the customizations you can make.

One more tip: Double-brew your coffee. What I like to do is brew a giant batch of coffee all at once, pour it into jars, and store it in the fridge. That way, I have cooled coffee ready for the whole week. To really pack a punch, though, after the coffee is done brewing, I dump it right back into the water container and run it through the grounds again. And sometimes another time after that. No, it doesn’t double the caffeine, but it makes the coffee taste a lot stronger, giving your frappe a nice flavor. This is nice if you don’t want so much liquid in your frappe. Less liquid, but still all of the coffee flavor! More information on double-brewed coffee here.



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment