Monday, October 26, 2015

Need help making Indian Curry!

So my girlfriend and I love Indian food and attempt to make our own every now and then. In the past we have used "Shan" spice packets, but last time I was at the store I picked up a bag of garam masala and a bag of curry powder. I plan on sautéing a pound of mushrooms and a yellow onion with some chopped garlic added in. Also will pan fry the tofu until starts to brown and then throw that in the pot as well along with some ginger paste. Im not sure what the best way to prepare the squash is, so suggestions on that are welcome, otherwise I will just boil them for a few minutes and then throw them in as well. I will also add something like 24 ounces of chicken broth and 32 ounces of plain greek yogurt and adjust the amounts for desired consistency I suppose. Lastly, I need to know how much of the spices to add. Thats where I really need the help. I'm not sure if I should be using both of these or just one and I'm not sure the proper amount. Any input for future cooking is welcome, but keep in mind I plan on doing this in like an hour with what I have. Thanks for any help even though I know its super last minute!

PS: What is the difference between r/recipes and r/cooking?



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment