Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Recipes to use up a ton of oat flour?

Hoping this is the right sub for this. I messed up and bought 50lbs of oat flour for misguided homemade soylent related reasons (turned out awful). Now that that foul-tasting dream is dead I have no idea what to do with all the damn oat flour. I don't do much baking so I as hoping I could get some advice about what I could do to start using it up instead of it being a gigantic waste/mistake that keeps naggling me from the corner of my kitchen and annoying my roommate.

I tried this gnocchi recipe and it turned out bad; the dough was really crumbly even after adding two eggs and wouldn't roll out like normal gnocchi. I had to form little balls individually by hand which were super lumpy and didn't cook evenly. I'm willing to try just about anything as long as it's:

  1. Edible
  2. Not a super difficult recipe for a novice baker.

Please help with any recipe suggestions! Bread? Muffins? Cookies? Pasta? Help!



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment