Thursday, October 29, 2015

[Request] Mustard noodles

So for about the last six months to a year, I have had a dream. Hu Hot has this Mongolian Mustard sauce that I put into noodle stir fry that I cannot replicate. I can't find similar dishes online. I can't figure out a way to use powdered mustard in a stir fry sauce that comes out more hot & sweet than brown mustard butter. I have driven myself (and my wife) to the brink of madness and back seeking the perfect 'smells like mustard so strong nearby children start crying' stir fry that doesn't taste like I poured dijon mustard over perfectly good noodles. I don't care what noodles the recipe uses. I don't care about anything but the sauce, the rest I can put together on the fly.

Help me, r/recipes, you're my only hope. That's right. I am at shameless Star Wars quoting levels of desperation here.



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment