Thursday, October 29, 2015

Recipe for Vietnamese crispy duck breast?

There's a Vietnamese restaurant in my city that makes an awesome fried duck breast in a spicy coconut sauce. I've scoured the internet, but I only find recipes for the traditional way of preparing duck breast (put in cold pan, skin side down, heat until fat renders, so on.) I've made a delicious duck breast this way before, but definitely didn't achieve this level of crunch. It is almost like battered fried chicken because the "crust" is so thick and crispy, more than I think the skin could be by itself. Once sliced and served, though, only the top part is this crispy, so they must not do anything to it again after slicing. This restaurant is in Germany, so I don't mean to suggest it's an authentic preparation method, but what do you think they might be doing? I wouldn't mind deep frying or something with a batter, but I'm clueless...



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment