Thursday, July 28, 2016

Sour chicken wings?

I'm looking to make some real sour/spicy chicken wings. I tried making wings last week using Alton Browns method of first steaming them, letting them dry and then grilling them with hot sauce. The result was good, however I was

a) a bit disappointed in how the hot sauce turned out after grilling them in it : Not very hot and almost sweet. And

b) I noticed I had insane cravings for really sour chicken wings. Where did I get that from? I don't know. Anyway, I have been thinking about how to make sour and spicy chicken wings, does anyone have any suggestions? I know there are a lot of recipes on sweet and sour, and my overall experience with 'sweet and sour' is yes: it's sweet. Not so sour though. I don't like my food overly sweet. It should be tangy, spicy. Could I marinate the wings in E.g vinegar? Or lemon /lime juice? Any suggestions?

My mouth is watering just thinking about it.



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment