Friday, July 29, 2016

What to do with my turkey chili/pasta sauce Frankenstein monster?!

Yesterday I decided to make a recipe I'd found for turkey chili because it looked delicious. I fell victim to the crime of not checking my ingredients before starting to cook, and ended up a) not having bell peppers like I thought I did and therefore omitting them entirely, and b) using 1 can of crushed tomatoes (good) and 1 can of pureed tomatoes (bad). What came out at the end was a yummy tasting but very confusing combination of the flavors of a chili and the consistency of a pasta sauce.

Now I'm honestly not too mad about it because it's still yummy, seems like it'll be very filling, and I made a lot so I'm gonna use it no matter what. But I'm having a hard time figuring out how to use it--the only idea I've had that actually sounds good is stuffed bell peppers. The taste is far too bean-y (it has 2 cans each of black and kidney beans) for me to think it'll be good over pasta, but my original thought was a pasta bake. And the pasta sauce consistency makes me think it'd be a little weird paired just with rice like I would've done if it was straight up chili.

Any thoughts would be welcome!



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment