Sunday, January 31, 2016

First time cooking trout, need ideas.

Was at a local fish market today and saw these delicious looking fresh trout fillets. I've personally never tasted trout and thought they looked good enough to give it a go. Im not a terrible cook, and I do make a lot of fish but I've never done trout so I don't want to mess it up! I need some tasty recipe ideas for my first time. I'll put a list of things I have available in my house but I wouldn't be opposed to making a trip back to the supermarket to pick up a few more ingredients.

 

  • Tons of dried and fresh herbs and spices. Likely if you name it I've got some.
  • Olive oil, peanut oil, and vegetable oil
  • Fresh peppers (green), onion, cherry tomatoes, and red potatoes.
  • Some frozen mixed veggies
  • Soy sauce
  • Balsamic vinegar

 

I'm probably leaving off some potential ingredients but that's what I know offhand. Don't necessearily limit yourselves to that list though, I can make a trip to get what I need but it would be awesome if I didn't have to make a second trip haha. Sorry if this is the wrong sub for this kind of thing, I just figured "r/recipes, sure I can ask for recipes there right?"



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment