Sunday, January 31, 2016

Request (Urgent): How to prepare 1.2 KG tenderloin steak

Hi everybody! I'm Dr. Nick! No wait...

Anyways; I've got this rather rad steak that I shall serve for dinner when my old folks come over today... 1.2 KG of Uruguayan tenderloin i got cheap since it's getting close to its expiration date (5 days to go)...

Anyway, I'm planning to serve the steak in 4 hours.... It has been resting on the counter for the past hour or so...

My action plan is as follows: 1) Apply generous amounts of salt and pepper on the outside,
2) Fry for about 45 seconds on each side in a buttered pan
3) Put it in the oven-pot (with cover on top) pictured in the oven @ 75 celcius (for 2 hours)
4) 1 hour before the guests arrive, raise the oven's temperature to 150 celcius
5) Remove it when the core temperature has reached 60 degrees celcius
6) Let it rest on the counter in aluminium foil for 30 minutes 7) Cut & serve

Serving with pepper sauce (mortared pepper + cognac + fire -> cream + butter + salt), potatoes and vegetables.

I have never cooked such a large steak before... Does the plan sound feasible, or should I do something different? Is the pot to small for instance? :-)



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment