Thursday, December 31, 2015

Had a dream that I made the perfect Mexican rice, so now I'm compelled to make it this weekend. Any tips for a flavorful batch?

I think I have the ingredients down, as many of the recipes call for the same array of items, but all suggestions are welcome (especially in the veggies and garnishes department! I love me some texture). However, the amount of liquids required vary in the recipes I've encountered. I prefer the rice on the drier/less sticky side, so I am also specifically looking for a magic ratio of liquid-to-rice if anyone has that!

Ingredient List (so far):

-long grain white rice

-tomato

-onion (doesn't specify white or yellow)

-garlic

-cilantro

-lemon/lime juice (I'll probably use both, I love the tang)

-chicken broth

-tomato paste

-cumin

-olive or canola oil

-salt

-chili peppers (not sure which to use, I've seen serrano, jalapeƱo, green, & hatch all mentioned)

-chili powder

-annatto & turmeric for color

Garnishes to choose from so far (again not sure what is best here or if there are others I'm not aware of):

-peas

-corn

-carrots

-onion

-cilantro

-bell pepper

-tomato

-green onion

-beans



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment