Sunday, December 20, 2015

[DISCUSSION] Cheesesteaks from scratch

Has anyone here ever made cheesesteaks from scratch? And by that I mean using a fresh cut of beef, no steak-umm crap.

I want to make some in the next day or two and I'm looking for some ideas on what type of meat to use and how to prep it.

I was planning on buying a ribeye from SAMs club (they blow my local grocer and butcher out of the water...so this is were I do my meat shopping) I was thinking of going 1/8 in thick, have em slice it for me in their mandolin.

The rest is like an opinion, it's debatable, but a matter of preference. I'll be going fried green bell peppers and small white onions, fried too in butter. American cheese on top on a fresh Kaiser roll from my bakery.

Anyone else have any takes on this?



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment