Wednesday, December 23, 2015

White Chocolate Cranberry Macademia Nut Cookies

These things are always a hit around Christmas, they're beautiful, festive, and delicious! They are also an interesting twist on Christmas cookies. I don't know about you guys, but I find myself getting a little bored with the usual cookie routine, it's nice to have something a little different.

Ingredients(they're in the wrong order because I just copied and pasted from a table on google docs):

1 cup butter flavor crisco

2 ½ cups flour

¾ cup granulated sugar

1tsp baking soda

¾ cup light brown sugar

½ tsp salt

2 eggs

1 cup fresh cranberries

1tsp vanilla

⅔ cup macadamia nuts

2T milk

1 package white chocolate chips

Method:

-Preheat Oven to 375°

-Rinse, dry, and pick through cranberries(they should be hard, bouncy, and sound hollow)

-Check nuts for discolored ones and chop nuts, and berries.

-Place nuts and berries in a bowl and sprinkle with some flour, set aside.

-Combine crisco and sugars in a large bowl.

-Once mixture is light and fluffy, add eggs and vanilla.

-In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt

-Alternate adding milk and flour to sugar mixture, mix well after each addition.

-Fold in nuts, berries, and chips

-Drop cookies onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper

-Bake 8-10 minutes(cookies will appear moist, don’t over bake if you want chewy cookies)

I honestly prefer them with less white chocolate... I'm not really a fan of the stuff. I don't think it should be left out though, and she has told me milk chocolate is NOT an okay substitute in this case.

I hope everyone enjoys this recipe as much as we do, merry Christmas!!



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment