Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Trying to make a cherry timbit recipe?

I want to make a batch of cherry timbits (AKA donut holes) as they stopped selling them at Tim Horton's. I've found this glazed sour cream donuts recipe, which is close to what I'm looking for - I'd prefer fried to baked to get as close as possible to the original taste - but I'm not sure how to alter the recipe to get the cherry taste.

For those unaware, the cherry timbits were basically balls of fried cherry flavored cake (there weren't whole pieces of cherry, but the cake was reddish-pink and had little red dots in it) and had a simple glaze. I think the glaze from this recipe looks pretty good.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I should start with some cherry cake mix from the store (if you can even make fried donuts from that), or make them from scratch, but again, not sure what to add or substitute to get that nice cherry flavor.

Thanks!



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment