Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Hot Spiced Wine

Before the holidays last year I did a brief winery tour of Newberg & McMinnville Oregon. While at Cliff Creek Cellars tasting room (an old converted historic bank building with vault and other neat features) I tried a warm spiced wine they offered from the trusty crock pot. I bought three bottles of their Red Red Wine* because I knew I needed this at my family Xmas Eve get together.

I decided to make it again this year since it was a hit last, but I was curious what other variations others have used for a warm spiced/mulled wine cocktail, including your grape/wine/blend preference.

Here is the recipe from the winery:

*About the wine:

Red Red Wine - Our ever so popular red table wine is back. This vintage is dark and sultry Syrah blend with a base of dried cherry, fresh pipe tobacco and red cedar. Sanguine in color and medium bodied, this blend starts earthy and finishes with layers of inky fruit, red pepper with hints of spice and cloves

Hot Spiced Wine

You will need:

  • 3 bottles Red Red Wine*
  • 3 oranges
  • 4 lemons
  • 1c simple syrup
  • 7 sticks of cinnamon
  • 30 whole cloves

Directions: Pour wine and simple syrup in crock pot. Add cloves and cinnamon sticks. Slice 2 oranges and 2 lemons and add to mixture. Squeeze 2 lemons and 1 orange into the wine. Heat to warm and serve

Cheers! Prost!



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment