Saturday, February 27, 2016

‘Five-Star’ White Sandwich Bread – Prepared in a Bread Maker

If you'd like to see photos with this recipe, I've included a link at the bottom of this post.

You’re gonna love this recipe! The loaf bakes up super high with a lovely, springy texture – great for sandwiches, toast and French Toast. Because it’s made in a bread maker, you just add the ingredients, press a button and, in a few hours, you’ll be making sandwiches with freshly baked bread.

I love reading reviews of recipes and it seems people have fallen in love with this recipe. In fact many reviewers said they made this bread two to three times a week. You can’t have a better recommendation than that! King Arthur Flour calls this “Bread Machine Bread – Easy as Can Be”, but I prefer the name “Five-Star Bread” because this recipe is so highly rated!

King Arthur Flour, based in Vermont (USA), has been in existence as a flour mill since 1790 – that’s a long, long time. I truly love their products. When we had our farm in Quebec we traveled back and forth between our ‘Yellow Farmhouse’ here in Massachusetts and our farmhouse ‘up north’ – and I loved to drop by King Arthur’s Flagship Store, aptly named The Baker’s Store, in Norwich, Vermont. If you’re ever in the New England area, I highly recommend dropping by!!

INGREDIENTS AND METHOD - LARGE LOAF (1 1/2 – 2 lb.)**

For directions for a Smaller (1 lb.) Loaf — continue scrolling down.

  • 1 cup lukewarm water

  • 1/3 cup lukewarm milk (Warm, briefly, in microwave.)

  • 3 Tbs. butter – slightly softened

  • 3 3/4 cups all-purpose or bread flour

  • 3 Tbs. sugar

  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt

  • 1 1/2 tsp. active dry yeast OR instant (bread machine) yeast I used bread machine yeast.

Follow your bread maker’s instructions for basic white bread. With my bread maker I set the machine to ‘Regular/Basic’, which takes 3 hours and 50 minutes. Enjoy !!

** INSTRUCTIONS FOR SMALLER (1 lb.) LOAF

  • 2/3 cup lukewarm water

  • 1/4 lukewarm milk (Warm, briefly, in microwave.)

  • 2 Tbs. butter

  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose or bread flour

  • 5 tsp. sugar

  • 1 1/4 tsp. salt

  • 1 tsp. active dry yeast OR instant (bread machine) yeast ++ I used bread machine yeast

Follow your bread maker’s instructions for basic white bread. I know with my bread maker I set the machine to ‘Regular/Basic’. Enjoy !!

http://ift.tt/1WQy0uj



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment