Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Spice & Onion Chicken

I've been looking for Chicken Recipes since the dawn of time. Just kidding. But, ever since I was thrust into cooking for myself, I've been looking for some chicken recipes because who doesn't love having a chicken for dinner. I stumbled upon one such recipe that I found delicious that I will be cooking for future dinners.

Ingredients:

  • 1 lg yellow onion, grated
  • 2 Tbsp freshly grated lemon zest
  • 2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp allspice
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
  • ½ tsp black pepper
  • 2-4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (about 2 lb total)

Instructions:

  • 1. COMBINE onion, lemon zest, cumin, allspice, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add chicken, cover, and marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
  • 2. HEAT oven to 375°F. Lightly coat sheet pan with cooking spray. Remove chicken from marinade, pat dry, and place on prepared pan, skin side up. Discard marinade. Roast until meat thermometer registers 150°F when inserted into thickest part of chicken, about 20 minutes.
  • 3. HEAT broiler. Cook chicken until golden brown and meat thermometer reaches 165°F, 2 to 4 minutes.

Source:

Picture number 8/9

http://ift.tt/1XNBzCA



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment