Thursday, February 25, 2016

Simple Bread & Butter Pudding With Raisins

Howdy! Long time lurker, occasional poster on here. I made this one twice now and it turned out lovely so I thought I'd share. Very simple and takes no time to rustle up if you need a quick, easy dessert.

SIMPLE BREAD & BUTTER PUDDING WITH RAISINS

INGREDIENTS:
2 eggs
500ml milk
2 tsp ground cinnamon
250g plain white sugar
3 handfuls of raisins (currents and mixed fruits also go well in this recipe)
5 slices of bread (Purists insist on using stale bread but I've done this twice with the Everyday Basics fresh white bread from Supervalu and there's really no difference in the taste TBH)
Butter or butter-flavored spread (I used Clover spread as I was out of the regular stuff and it worked grand)

METHOD:

1: Preheat the oven to 190C.

2: Crack the eggs into a jug and add the milk. Whisk until fully blended.

3: Butter the slices of bread and cut in half. Line a baking or large lasagne tray with the slices until the base is covered.

4: Mix the sugar with the cinnamon and shake over the bread slices until evenly covered, followed by the raisins.

5: Pour over the egg/milk mixture and cover the bread evenly. It might look like you have a lot of liquid in the tray but trust me, it'll be fine.
Leave to soak in for 5-10 minutes.

6: Bake on the middle rack of the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until golden brown on top.

7: Take out of oven, leave to cool for about 10 minutes then slice and dollop into a bowl with a bit of cream, ideally served warm.

8: Enjoy!


Here's a picture of my latest effort. Please excuse the picture quality- my phone's camera is a potato. I also really like raisins. :P



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment