Wednesday, February 17, 2016

I need a chili recipe for a picky eater

I love chili. (Albeit not the super spicy ones.)

Problem is my wife doesn't. She's what I would call for lack of a better term a picky eater. I don't usually have a big problem with it as she'll eat plenty of things that I also enjoy, but I haven't had chili at home in about 5 years and my craving for it is through the roof!

Here's what she doesn't like:

  • Beans. Over the years I've gotten her to like black beans, but only in moderation so while adding a few is fine, it can't have a ton of them. Pretty much all other beans are out.
  • Tomato bases. This is the tough one. While she doesn't have a problem with tomato as a whole, she doesn't like foods where tomato is one of the main ingredients (tomato soup, sloppy joes, anything with ketchup...). She's fine with marinara and pizza sauce though so I guess if it's got enough garlic and other seasonings she might be able to do it.
  • "Tangy" dairy. Sour cream, creme freche, cream cheese, yogurt, etc. Unless they are mixed in well and she can't taste them, she won't go near any of it.
  • Pretty much all condiments but BBQ sauce which, like black beans, I had to slowly ease her into over the years.

She's fine with having a beef chili but would prefer chicken (she'd eat chicken every day if she could). What do I do? I want to make something she'll eat but that I'll also enjoy.

Help?



bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment